OCTOBER, 2017 NEWS
How To Pack Your Shoebox
How to Pack Your Shoebox
For a trip around the world:
- Pick up a shoebox (or two) from the narthex and a “Boy” or “Girl” label(s).
- Include a “wow” toy such as a doll, soccer ball with pump, stuffed animal, etc.
- Add other fun toys, hygiene items (no toothpaste or liquids), school supplies, clothing, etc. to fill the box completely.
- Include a $9.00 donation to cover costs of shipping. If you go to samaritanspurse.org/occ, select “Follow Your Box,” pay on-line, and print out your shoebox label, you will discover the destination of your shoebox. In the past, shoeboxes sent from members at Shepherd of the Rockies have gone to India and Mexico.
- Bring back to the church no later than Sunday, November 12.
Boxes Available in the Narthex
Have you picked up your box yet? Boxes are available in the narthex.
This project is sponsored by Samaritan’s Purse, a Christian organization headed by Franklin Graham, whose father is the evangelist, Billy Graham. These shoeboxes go worldwide to children whose Christmas is far different from what most of our families experience in America.
You can choose the age range and sex of the child(ren) for whom you would like to pack box(es). Please include $9.00 per box for shipping; either cash or check made payable to Samaritan’s Purse with “Operation Christmas Child” in the memo line. If you pay online and print out your label, your box will be tracked and you will discover to which country your box has been shipped. You can also purchase plastic shoeboxes to fill. You can start bringing in your filled shoeboxes at any time, but the FINAL collection date is Sunday, November 12.
Saturday, October 28th, 6 pm. Bring a main dish or dessert to share. Weather permitting, we will also have a campfire. Don’t miss out on the fun!!
LWML Thank You
Thanks to all who worked tirelessly to make the Fall Rally and LWML Sunday such a success! LWML would like to thank :
- Pastor Scheele, for his whole-hearted support and leadership.
- The men, and youth, who are often the “muscle”, in our projects. Ron White, who provides our signs and publicity. Bud Sloniger, who provides all things Audio-Visual.
- All of the women who support our Mission in serving the Lord and His Ministry and use their many talents in doing so: Diane Sloniger, Kathy Puseman, Jill Wright, Pat White, Glenda Scheele, Glenda Schroeder, Rita McKay Carol Hodges, Laurene Johnson, Sharon Horn, Pat Gore, Madonna Forney, Sheila Reini, Diane Cole, Amy Hermann, Bobbie Nation, Heather Wilt, Jane Nault, Dorothy Richardson, Colleen Jacobsen, Sheila Farneth, Anne Rosa, Cathy Thiesen. To God be the Glory!
Board Members Needed
Shepherd of the Rockies is looking for people to help out with various boards, especially with the Board of Public Relations and Evangelism, the Board of Stewardship, and the Board of Christian Education.If you would be willing to help out on any of the Boards it would be greatly appreciated. Talk to Dick Hodges or Pastor Scheele about helping out on the various boards.
We are looking for a few more people who would be willing to count the offering once a month. Please talk to Pastor Scheele if you are interested in helping out with this.
The Board of Fellowship is looking for people to help with Sunday morning fellowship. This involves setting up before church and cleaning up after Fellowship Hour is done. Please see the sign-up sheet on the bulletin board.