that . . .
- the entire Bible is God’s inspired and errorless Word.
- the Triune God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) is the only true God.
- we are sinful, deserve eternal death and can do nothing to save ourselves.
- Jesus Christ came into the world to take our place under God’s law and to suffer and die, paying the penalty for our sins.
- Jesus Christ has been raised from the dead in the first resurrection that proclaims our righteous in the sight of God and that we receive eternal life as a free gift from God by faith.
- it is only by God’s Word and Sacraments (Baptism and Holy Communion) that we receive Forgiveness of sins, strengthening of our faith and the assurance of the eternal life given to us.
- in baptism we are adopted into God’s family and given the Holy Spirit to bring us to faith and lead us to do God’s will.
- in the Lord’s Supper we receive with the bread and wine, Christ’s true Body and Blood for the forgiveness of our sins and the strengthening of our faith.
- at our death, all those who have faith in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior will be be take to their heavenly home with Him and will begin to share the perfect eternal life that God has prepared for us in all His glory.